Day 14: Coming home!

Quote of the day: Everyone before they got into the mutatu to head to the airport: “Byeeeee!”

I’m writing this from a much quieter house in Kenya, because everyone has left to head off back to England! While the Felton family stays in Kenya for another week for a family holiday, the rest of the group has driven away on their way back to the home of clean tap water and Costa.

It wasn’t all sad goodbye’s today though - Before everyone left, we went out to the market to buy souvenirs and finished the day with one last meal out together.

God clearly doesn’t think everyone has spent enough time together just yet however, as he has decided to delay the flight from 11:00pm to 3:30am! (Can’t pretend I’ll want to be there when I’m in my comfy bed, but please pray that the night goes quickly)

It’s been a fantastic 2 weeks together and I’m sure we’re all going to miss it as soon as we get back home. I thank Eddie, Sam L, Holly, Sophie, Myla, Joe, and Dad for making it such an enjoyable week, full of memories and experiences I’ll never forget. And I speak for everyone when I say thank you to Dad and Joe for keeping us all in one piece for the entire trip, and to Plume Avenue Church and the Colchester community for generously donating to our fund raisers to allow us to come here in the first place!

-Sam Felton, love you all.



One of the many stalls full of things to bring back to the UK.

[Image Pending]

One final meal together!



Sad to leave! (Or maybe just sad to sleep in an airport? One of those two...)



Comments

  1. Thank you Plume Churchers for your blog. I have really enjoyed reading it. I just wanted you to know that we have been praying for you in this part of the country to experience God's love and his presence in Kenya. I stayed with Daniel & Fennih in March so I could perhaps appreciate what you wrote and share your experiences.
    Many blessings
    Paddy Taylor, Sheffield.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment